I will take on a minimum of ONE challenge per week for the next FIFTY-TWO weeks.
My own challenges:
Light Trails: Streaking car lights (you know those pictures), I’m going to try that
- Self-Portraiture: Not really my thing, but that’s the point isn’t it?
- Street Photography: Potential for danger!
Animals/Birds: They are so quick, hard to catch the right moment
- HDR: Always looks a little bit ridiculous but why not?
- Storms: Let’s hope I keep the camera dry!
- Provinces: Travelling from Ontario to B.C. in July, more to come on this later
- Capturing Real Emotion: Joy, Fear, Sorrow, Laughter, Love
- Shock Value: Nothing seems shocking anymore, so this will be tough
- Real Estate Photography: Sounds boring, but what the hell!
- Portrait of a Stranger: This could be awkward…
- Continuous Shooting: I’ll use photography to bring back animated gifs
- Irony: I promise no Alanis Morissette in this one
- Composite Photograph: Somewhat like a multiple exposure, involves superimposing multiple photos over eachother.
- More challenges to come…
Reader submitted challenges:
- Flash Photography: I’m thinking Off-Camera Flash photography might be fun, haven’t experimented much with this.
- Shoot a Concert: might be difficult with all the rules about bringing in nice cameras to concerts, perhaps I’ll shoot film for this one instead
- Sequence of Photos telling a story: not sure what to call this, sounds fun though and will definitely try it.
- Globe and Mail Challenge: The globe and mail has weekly call-outs for reader photographs for various themes, best one gets published! Plan is to try and get one in there. this will probably take some time.
Feel free to suggest challenges (no matter how weird and crazy) in the comment box below.